The current City Hall in Biddeford was built in 1894 to replace the original building destroyed by fire that year. Designed by John Calvin Stevens, the building and its clock tower have deteriorated over the last few decades. The clock tower itself has become increasingly unstable and the clock no longer functions. While minimal repairs have been made to decrease the rate of deterioration, the clock tower is in desperate need of restoration. Without support from taxpayers or grants, the clock tower faces destruction in the coming years.